Mary-Kate Greenberg has been teaching at Pinewood for ten years. Her dedication, to teaching freshman and sophomore year history that may change the way they see the world, is greatly appreciated by the Pinewood community. After teaching at different schools in California and Connecticut, Greenberg decided to settle with the Pinewood Upper Campus.
- Q: What grades and subjects do you currently teach?
- A: I teach World Cultures and Religions for 9th grade and World History for 10th grade.
- Q: Are there other subjects have you taught in the past?
- A: I have taught European History, Government, American History, AP World, Literature, and Creative writing.
- Q: Do you have a favorite grade that you teach? Why?
- A: I can’t answer that! That would be like asking to pick a favorite child or picking your favorite parent. Everyone is my favorite. Only Mr. Greenberg knows.
- Q: What is your favorite memory from Pinewood?
- A: The girls basketball game at Santa Clara last year was the best game I have ever seen. It was even better than professional game, and I’ve been to a professional game before. It was so exciting. Mr. Greenberg was so excited, and he even works with sports. It’s probably my most distinct memory.
- Q: What do you hope to accomplish this year or in life?
- A: This may sound very nerdy but I hope to make a difference in my students’ lives.
Greenberg will continue to make a difference at Pinewood, and Pinewood athletics appreciates her constant support.